Books that will lead you through an adventure of the soul
- Leaves of Grass
- These timeless poems by Walt Whitman offer a starting point for those who are just beginning to realize there's more to life than the daily routine. This book is best read when you are sitting on the beach, by a lake, in a forest or in the mountains.
Signposts on the Path to Enlightenment
- This user-friendly book by J.M. Cohen and J.F. Phipps offers a roadmap to the myriad of religious and mystical philosophies competing for your attention. Reading this could save you a few years of wasted effort in the wrong direction. This book is out of print, but you can buy a used copy through the Amazon.com web site.
- Cosmic Consciousness
- Although this classic by Richard M. Bucke tries a little too hard to tie together a variety of religions and philosophies, it still succeeds in providing far-reaching insights into the myths and truths of religious and mystical beliefs.
After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon
Survival of Bodily Death
- Break-through research on near-death experiences (originally published in 1975).
- Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah
- Richard Bach offers a simple, insightful story set among hayfields in the Midwest.
Case Studies of Life Between Lives
- Remarkable accounts of the time we spend between lives. Written by hypnotherapist Michael Newton.
New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
- An interesting follow-up to Journey of Souls.
- Journeys Out of the Body
- Robert Monroe was a very sensible and successful businessman until he inadvertently began to leave his body. This is the journal of a confused but sincere seeker thrust into a non-physical world without a meaningful explanation of what was happening to him.
- Far Journeys
- This is an extraordinary follow-up to Journeys Out of the Body. Robert Monroe began making sense of his out-of-body experiences and in the process gained a remarkable perspective of life on earth.
- Ultimate Journey
- More mind-blowing narratives from the incredible out-of-body travels of Robert Monroe.
- Adventures Beyond the Body
- Another insightful narrative of an out-of-body wanderer, William Buhlman.